Welcome to Saugatuck Congregational Church, a vibrant and inclusive community committed to dismantling racism. We, at the Connecticut Korean Presbyterian Church, believe that recognizing and addressing racial injustices is integral to fostering a society built on love, equality, and justice.
As a faith-based organization, we strive to create a safe and empowering space where individuals from all walks of life can come together to learn, grow, and advocate for racial equality. Our mission is to dismantle racism, challenge systemic biases, and foster a community that celebrates diversity and embraces the principles of inclusivity.
On this page, we would like to offer a comprehensive list of anti-racism resources that aim to educate, empower, and inspire individuals to actively engage in the fight against racism. By delving into these resources, you will gain a deeper understanding of the historical and social contexts surrounding racism, while also equipping yourself with the tools and knowledge to effect change.
- The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander: Packed with compelling research and thought-provoking insights, this book sheds light on the racial disparities within the criminal justice system.
- White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo: Exploring the challenges of discussing race, this book sparks conversations about white privilege and systemic racism.
- How to Be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi: This powerful memoir and guide urges readers to actively fight against racism in all aspects of their lives.
- 13th: Directed by Ava DuVernay, this documentary analyzes the U.S. prison system and its historical roots in racial inequality.
- I Am Not Your Negro: Delving into the life of James Baldwin, this film explores the role of race in American history and society.
- Selma: Depicting the historic civil rights march from Selma to Montgomery, this movie highlights the sacrifices made to secure African American voting rights.
3. Online Courses and Workshops
- Understanding Implicit Bias: This online course explores the concept of implicit bias and provides strategies to address and overcome bias on an individual and systemic level.
- Confronting Racism: From Awareness to Action: Join this workshop to gain the tools and skills necessary to dismantle racism and promote equity in your personal and professional life.
- Structural Racism and Public Health: This course examines the impact of structural racism on public health and offers insights on how to promote health equity.
Join our Community
We invite you to join us on our journey towards dismantling racism. Together, we can create a world where everyone is treated with dignity, respect, and fairness. Whether you are looking to educate yourself, engage in meaningful conversations, or take action, Saugatuck Congregational Church provides a supportive environment where you can participate in initiatives promoting racial justice.
Stay informed about our upcoming events focused on dismantling racism. Check our website regularly for updates on workshops, panel discussions, and community forums that encourage dialogue, learning, and action. Together, we can make a difference.
We actively collaborate with various organizations at the forefront of the anti-racism movement. Through these partnerships, we create powerful alliances to amplify our collective voice and advocate for lasting change. Check out the list of our partner organizations and learn about their crucial work.
If you are passionate about dismantling racism, we encourage you to get involved in our community. Volunteer, participate in our advocacy initiatives, and support us in creating a more inclusive society. By standing united, we can overcome racial injustices and build a future that celebrates diversity.
Connect with Us
Stay connected with our community and receive regular updates on our anti-racism efforts. Follow us on social media platforms and subscribe to our newsletter to stay informed and inspired. Together, we can work towards a more equitable and just society, free from the shackles of racism.